332nd Clone Trooper Mini Bust - 2020 Web Exclusive

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
1585663917288.png
From Gentle Giant Ltd:

For years, a bond of trust has built up between Jedi Ahsoka Tano and the soldiers of the 501st Legion. When she left the Jedi Order, her command should have ended, but a company of troopers chose to follow her in her continuing mission. To show their allegiance to Ahsoka, the Troopers paint Ahsoka’s facial tattoo pattern onto their helmets... and now it's available as a mini-bust! The bust comes with six interchangeable arms for a variety of poses and is limited to 500 pieces! The 332nd Clone Trooper will be offered to Premier Guild members before anyone else, which is why we’re showing it to you first!

Premier Guild pre-orders will open in early May for shipment this summer!

Reaction score
Reaction score
Uh... yeah, that’s a solid pass.

Kneel_Before_Zod

Reaction score

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not everyone collects Clones and not everyone watches & follows Star Wars: The Clone Wars, so I think the edition size of 500 is perfect for this. It will allow those that want it the ability to get it and it won't be sitting out there available for a long time keeping the collectibility of the piece high.

It sounds like this is something I'll want multiples of to be able to display each of the different poses just like the original Stormtrooper and the Clone Troopers that followed.

SpecialOpsUnit

Reaction score
Man, I'd love for it to be a new sculpt...but redoing the sculpt from a decade ago is pretty lazy.

JohnBonas

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
This is a joke, in my opinion. Not even sure what this trooper is, I don't collect from the animated series, but it might be a good thing for those that do ( if this is real), which again, it doesn't look to me it is. But what do I know :)

Note: I did get the e-mail from GG with the same pictures of the bust, and the images do look normal there, not stretched out ( see below ). Still, I think that if this was the real deal, they would have tried to sell it better with quality graphics/nicer background, and better PS skills. But again, what do I know :)

Funny, though. The bust shows a release date of summer 2020 ha! With the issues we are having due to coronavirus (delays, lockdowns, etc), I'm even wondering if we'll even get to see "The Pointer Brothers" ( Ponda Baba and Moff Tarkin) this year.

1585721404724.png
1585721485481.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
This is a joke, in my opinion. Not even sure what this trooper is, I don't collect from the animated series, but it might be a good thing for those that do ( if this is real), which again, it doesn't look to me it is. But what do I know :)

Note: I did get the e-mail from GG with the same pictures of the bust, and the images do look normal there, not stretched out ( see below ). Still, I think that if this was the real deal, they would have tried to sell it better with quality graphics/nicer background, and better PS skills. But again, what do I know :)

Funny, though. The bust shows a release date of summer 2020 ha! With the issues we are having due to coronavirus (delays, lockdowns, etc), I'm even wondering if we'll even get to see "The Pointer Brothers" ( Ponda Baba and Moff Tarkin) this year.

View attachment 347968
View attachment 347970
So Julian, they have shown that these troopers will be featured in the final arc of TCW, probably in 3 weeks. I think the helmets looked ugly in the trailer and looking at this...just wow. It's cool for TCW collectors, or Clone collectors. But an easy pass for me personally.

ATATDRIVER

Reaction score
Reaction score

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
If this wasn't an announced on 4-1 , I'd of said it was real. Hell , maybe it's both real , and a prank. They announce it as a joke on 4-1 , but if people seem interested , they actually make the thing ! Who knows ? !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Actually, the announcement dropped at 10:00am (Eastern) yesterday (March 31st) via email to all Premier Guild Members.

LightSword

Reaction score
So Julian, they have shown that these troopers will be featured in the final arc of TCW, probably in 3 weeks. I think the helmets looked ugly in the trailer and looking at this...just wow. It's cool for TCW collectors, or Clone collectors. But an easy pass for me personally.
Well, if it is the real deal then it is what it is :) It does not look real to me not because of the ugly color clash and design between the helmet and the armor ( despite the story behind it), but rather because of the cheap looking way it was presented. Maybe the pictures were rushed, hence why the awful background and their poor quality, and if it is the real deal they will be improved at a later time. But to be honest, and I say this with all due respect to those folks like you, Travis, that are into the animated side of Star Wars, this is a quite ugly looking trooper, one I would not see myself buying even if I were collecting these. :)

Hellboy

Reaction score
I love the Clone Wars and would be into any realistic version of characters produced from the series and I won’t buy this. Not only is the design awful but using an existing mold for the 4th time is just lazy. While it’s a deluxe MB there are only so many display variations.

澳门网上彩票合法么SpecialOpsUnit

Reaction score
I love the Clone Wars and would be into any realistic version of characters produced from the series and I won’t buy this. Not only is the design awful but using an existing mold for the 4th time is just lazy. While it’s a deluxe MB there are only so many display variations.
This probably would of been a good time to introduce a new Clone Trooper mold, was never a big fan of the original ones they did for ROTS.

LightSword

Reaction score
This probably would of been a good time to introduce a new Clone Trooper mold, was never a big fan of the original ones they did for ROTS.
Totally agree. A different pose/mold for what is supposed to be a new clone, would have been better received.

Django

Reaction score
Well, if it is the real deal then it is what it is :) It does not look real to me not because of the ugly color clash and design between the helmet and the armor ( despite the story behind it), but rather because of the cheap looking way it was presented. Maybe the pictures were rushed, hence why the awful background and their poor quality, and if it is the real deal they will be improved at a later time. But to be honest, and I say this with all due respect to those folks like you, Travis, that are into the animated side of Star Wars, this is a quite ugly looking trooper, one I would not see myself buying even if I were collecting these. :)
Yeah, I may love the show (though the arc they are in now is horrible) but this helmet design is still ugly. Even though it does at least fit a story.

BTW, this was a poster when they announced TCW was coming back for the final season. It shows the helmet in question:

LightSword

Reaction score
Now THAT, has visual impact. Simple and yet expressing action. Not really into the helmet's design but it promotes it better.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
!
  • Day 1 April 7) - Starting at 9 am/12 pm EST, sales open to Platinum Members only
  • Day 2 (April 8) - Starting at 9 am/12 pm EST, sales open to Platinum and Gold Members
  • Day 3 (April 9) - Starting at 9 am/12 pm EST, sales open to ALL Premier Guild Members
  • Day 4 (April 10) - Starting at 9 am/12 pm EST, sales open to the General Public

j97e

Reaction score
Another way to try and suck people into their Premier Guild Program.
Pass.

Kneel_Before_Zod

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
This is either their best April Fool's joke, which has gone on too long and is just going to make some people mad if it's fake, or it's the laziest and worst mini-bust they've ever glued together out of spare parts.

Either way, this is bad bad bad.

ATATDRIVER

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
so did they just have a crap load of the EPIII Blue Clone Mini Busts left over that they just slapped a new paint job on the Helmet and calling it a new bust? This is just so sad! A total money grab. I have pretty much every clone bust released to this date but this is a very easy pass for me. Sooooo lazy! If it was a totally new sculpt I could see me going for it. But this, wow, so lame and totally lazy on their part.

LightSword

Reaction score
They really want to sell this mini bust, if it is for real. I received FOUR (4) e-mails from DST, like the one Chris posted above, with a link to get to it:

"Fans of the Clone Wars series are in heaven ... and now they have something else to be excited about ‐ new Clone Wars products from Gentle Giant, Ltd.! ..."

Sure thing. I can tell how excited everyone is. :)

SpecialOpsUnit

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for troopers and even I am feeling blah about this.

LightSword

Reaction score
That's my point. I'm glad they are offering something, and I can understand people like the animated series, etc. But this mini bust is something that I don't see fits very well the purpose of giving something exciting to fans of the show. A new sculpt would have been better, or the bust being offered as part of the new animated line of mini busts, using the animated look. The way it is right now, without intending to offend anyone, looks like a lazy and cheap job to try to sell something at a premium.

BlueSnaggletooth

Reaction score
This doesn't look good.

-Snags

jediraven82

Reaction score
That helmet design would make for an easy headshot...

Darth_Poppycock

Reaction score

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Up for Platinum Premier Guild Members now...

Bane

Reaction score

Hellboy

Reaction score
I haven’t watched the new Clone Wars season yet but I’m assuming these helmets were just modified/painted rather haphazardly by the Clones themselves? Pretty convenient for GG as they can apply a sloppy paint app to the helmet and have it be screen accurate. Not liking the design at all, and I’m a HUGE fan of all other Clonetrooper designs.