building a Mandolorian army???

Reaction score
Reaction score
I've seen some GI Joe figures from the modern releases used for Mando type customs, they can provide bits and pieces as well as armor. Joe's are great for custom projects and there's literally hundereds of potential donors for parts in that line going back about a dozen years or so though the 80's versions are not ones I'd use because of the old school joints being difficult if not impossible to incorporate into a modern Star Wars figures joints. Even modern ones can be a beast to get arms to work (gotta crack torsos and dremel down shoulder joints but it's do-able and very rewarding for the range of possibilities it opens) but headswaps, feet/shoe swaps, and accessories alone make them very valueable and a go-to line for creative customizing of all kinds. I have picked up dozens of them just to use for customs and since they're scaled exactly the same, lots of other people have done the same. There's a 6" heavy gunner release of a Mando by Hasbro, we might see some official releases yet in the 3 3/4" line at some point, we''ll see I guess. Also, there's enough Boba NAd Jango versions where armor differs slightly and nipping off bits and altering them through creative means will give a lot of options for things like chest and thigh armor.

Reaction score
Joe, world peace keepers, mauraders etc are great for parts,

When painting use light strokes, let dry second coat repeat as needed. Paint dries differently on different plastics. Don’t rush. There are few good tutorials on YouTube & fighting 118th

Jaxxon

Reaction score
I've seen some GI Joe figures from the modern releases used for Mando type customs, they can provide bits and pieces as well as armor. Joe's are great for custom projects and there's literally hundereds of potential donors for parts in that line going back about a dozen years or so though the 80's versions are not ones I'd use because of the old school joints being difficult if not impossible to incorporate into a modern Star Wars figures joints. Even modern ones can be a beast to get arms to work (gotta crack torsos and dremel down shoulder joints but it's do-able and very rewarding for the range of possibilities it opens) but headswaps, feet/shoe swaps, and accessories alone make them very valueable and a go-to line for creative customizing of all kinds. I have picked up dozens of them just to use for customs and since they're scaled exactly the same, lots of other people have done the same. There's a 6" heavy gunner release of a Mando by Hasbro, we might see some official releases yet in the 3 3/4" line at some point, we''ll see I guess. Also, there's enough Boba NAd Jango versions where armor differs slightly and nipping off bits and altering them through creative means will give a lot of options for things like chest and thigh armor.
Joe, world peace keepers, mauraders etc are great for parts,

When painting use light strokes, let dry second coat repeat as needed. Paint dries differently on different plastics. Don’t rush. There are few good tutorials on YouTube & fighting 118th
Great advice. Thank you.

I haven't seen any differing Fetts but I'll have a look now. How would we "nip off bits"? A chisel?

Caas_Sandhri

Reaction score
We could paint the various Jangos, Bobas, Sabines and the others but I think that will have it's limits because the armour will be the same. Yet I've seem images on Google of custom Mandos where I cannot identify the original character as a Sabine, Jango, etc. because the armour is not familiar.

Is there more Hasbro Mandalorian figures out there than I know of or do some customisers go beyond painting and physically alter the figures?
Apart from Boba, Jango, and Sabine? (...with their many releases, there were slightly different armor parts too...)

There were two Mandalorian multipacks where AFAIK we saw the female Mandalorian body first:

The Mandalorian Speeder came with a Mando:
but the Mando is actually a repack from the Clone Wars Death Watch multipack:
The Assault Transport did not have any figures:
There is also the Police Officer which has a very different armor but with a hint of Mando in its chest:

In the comic packs we had Fenn Shysa:
Rohlan Dyre (KOTOR outfit, quite different):
Montross and Jaster Mereel:

I also remember one Fett impostor that was done as an exclusive but it was only a repaint so I'm not gonna search for it. Many of the Mandos here were kitbashes or repaints too, if you are looking for true originality you will have to customize.

Tulgah

Reaction score
That one Fett imposter you mention is Jodo Kast (and there are actually two versions of him, one being a K-Mart exclusive!). Here is a pic of different Hasbro Mandos together (there are LOTS more, especially when you add all the Bobas through the years...).
1596545484499.jpeg

Caas_Sandhri

Reaction score
Reaction score
A Guide To Mandalorian Action Figures

Cheers.

Jaxxon

Reaction score
Apart from Boba, Jango, and Sabine? (...with their many releases, there were slightly different armor parts too...)

There were two Mandalorian multipacks where AFAIK we saw the female Mandalorian body first:

The Mandalorian Speeder came with a Mando:
but the Mando is actually a repack from the Clone Wars Death Watch multipack:
The Assault Transport did not have any figures:
There is also the Police Officer which has a very different armor but with a hint of Mando in its chest:

In the comic packs we had Fenn Shysa:
Rohlan Dyre (KOTOR outfit, quite different):
Montross and Jaster Mereel:

I also remember one Fett impostor that was done as an exclusive but it was only a repaint so I'm not gonna search for it. Many of the Mandos here were kitbashes or repaints too, if you are looking for true originality you will have to customize.
There are a few Hasbro Mandos in there that my search had not shown me.

Thank you.