Coronavirus Customs

Reaction score
Still in lock-down, so still have one more that got done.. Loosely based on RA-7D because, well, I was tired of him being naked vanilla plastic and also because I had some metallic gold spray paint left in my garage. LOL

IMG_0921.JPGIMG_0922.JPG

Reaction score
Reaction score
Guys, ignore the troll. He's allowed to share an opinion and continually calling him out for being rude is just feeding his need for attention. Get back to the subject at hand and don't allow it to be derailed.
I didn't post in a trolling manor at all. I have no need for attention as you are falsely claiming either. This is your version of moderation? Insulting a member with false accusations cause you don't agree with something factual that they posted? Real nice. I've reported your post.

EDIT: Actually, forget it. This forum is a ghost town and nothing like it used to be anyhow. I could care less. Thanks for all the fish.

Beedo

Reaction score
Reaction score
:ROFLMAO: Him being called a **** and an ******* is OK, but not "troll" though... m'kay. Still no skills to show.

This is easier to make, because you only need a PC and at least one finger... Made this for my custom Fett(s)

Cardback HS Fett small.jpg

*EDIT* And yes, it exists in the real world. it's in my avatar.

DarkArtist

Reaction score
Please please do not apologies! I just saw this thread....your customs are inspiring! Here is proof. With this whole corona thing going on pieces and parts are of limited supply and I have all the time in the world. I was scanning the Internet looking for inspiration to make a new piece and found this pic. I was so inspired I decided to attempt one myself ......thank you for being my inspiration on this one.😁
View media item 397531View media item 397532
Still a work in progress but inspired by you.
I appreciate it my friend. The figure looks great!

Beedo

Reaction score
Reaction score
That card looks great! I've never been able to make cards. Wouldn't even know where to begin!
Hey Thanks, Beedo. I can't take all the credit, there are some programs that can help you with most of it. I used one of those and found a pic from the SWHS. Insert, crop, choose options. I don't have a bubble for this or I'd varnish it to give it shine and seal one of my Fetts onto it!

The HARD part is after it pops out of the printer. Then the real tedious work begins. BTW, gift shirt box cardstock is almost perfect for the real one. Seems a bit too flimsy until after you have the front and backs glued onto it (using spray adhesive), and then it's a good thickness. You need some nerves of steel and a steady hand to glue the second side on in the correct orientation.

Give it a try, that's the only way to make one!

Beedo

Reaction score
Hey Thanks, Beedo. I can't take all the credit, there are some programs that can help you with most of it. I used one of those and found a pic from the SWHS. Insert, crop, choose options. I don't have a bubble for this or I'd varnish it to give it shine and seal one of my Fetts onto it!

The HARD part is after it pops out of the printer. Then the real tedious work begins. BTW, gift shirt box cardstock is almost perfect for the real one. Seems a bit too flimsy until after you have the front and backs glued onto it (using spray adhesive), and then it's a good thickness. You need some nerves of steel and a steady hand to glue the second side on in the correct orientation.

Give it a try, that's the only way to make one!
I'd love to, someday, mate. Right now, however, things are a little tight, and we don't have a colour printer here.

Pop-Up Saber

Reaction score
There are other places to print. Some public libraries, work, Kinko's (or similar) copy/shipping centers, etc. Take your time with it. It's fun to do, but definitely when you have time and resources available.

GreeblerElf

Reaction score
Started this thread over at the fighting 118th. Seems since many of us have some unexpected downtime Let's see what customs, dioramas or whatever we create.

Started a long over due Poison Ivy custom, & some boss fight stuff. Will post pictures later.

Lets see what ya got!
I'm a new member (as of today) and I just finished my custom ESB Bespin Duel playset for 3.75" figures.
Would love to hear everyone's feedback. This is my favorite Star Wars scene of all and I always wanted to build something like this.
This is also my first diorama although I do a lot with model kits, 3D printing, etc.

[ Wrong Luke Figure - I know, all I had handy ]

This was a combination of Custom 3D Printed parts + some laser cut wood panels (1/8").
MaupinESB-5.jpg
MaupinESB-14.jpg
MaupinESB-7.jpg
MaupinESB-19.jpg

Pop-Up Saber

Reaction score
I'm a new member (as of today) and I just finished my custom ESB Bespin Duel playset for 3.75" figures.
Would love to hear everyone's feedback. This is my favorite Star Wars scene of all and I always wanted to build something like this.
This is also my first diorama although I do a lot with model kits, 3D printing, etc.

This was a combination of Custom 3D Printed parts + some laser cut wood panels (1/8").
View attachment 353477
View attachment 353478
View attachment 353479
View attachment 353480
Hi! Nice diorama work going on there. I like the "force window" with Luke falling out. LOL. Nice touch.

GreeblerElf

Reaction score

Lobotscomb

Reaction score

View attachment 353477
View attachment 353478
View attachment 353479
View attachment 353480
The only thing wrong with it is that it's not in my collection...lol Great work. Hasbro could learn a thing or two.

DarkArtist

Reaction score

View attachment 353477
View attachment 353478
View attachment 353479
View attachment 353480
Looks absolutely Amazing! Very sweet piece. and I agree Lobotscomb.. I want this for my collection !

VideoViper

Reaction score
I love this hexagonal corridor diorama. very cool. You have any pics from different angles?
Here ya go. In the process of moving this thing to what will hopefully be the permanent place, so I used what was on hand

Attachments

Lobotscomb

Reaction score
Finally found the dye i bought months ago and finished my "Long Snoot" I did two capes and have enough parts to make another that I want to card...
Message_1591230001906.jpgMessage_1591229934165.jpgMessage_1591229889230.jpg

Pop-Up Saber

Reaction score

Lobotscomb

Reaction score
Nice work. Leaving him kind of beat makes the finished figure look a bit more authentic. Another good touch is the Cloud Car Pilot communicator. "Brizzzwhur Brizzzz" LOL
Finally a figure it made sense to use one.

Beedo

Reaction score
Reaction score

Utinniii

Reaction score
I made a black one and a white one. They keep trying to steal each other's secret plans and kill each other.

darth_stranger

Reaction score

Pop-Up Saber

Reaction score
Finally found the dye i bought months ago and finished my "Long Snoot" I did two capes and have enough parts to make another that I want to card...
View attachment 354318View attachment 354319View attachment 354320
Had to try my hand at this custom. I didn't want to break any figures that I hadn't already broken, and wanted to make a quick and easy project (think easier that quick). I ended up using a Emperor's Royal Guard figure that was already cracked and had his head removed. This is probably one of the weirdest or most difficult figures to use for customizing, since his limbs and torso are basically a one-off size compared to most other SW figs.

Here was the process I used for this figure:

I removed the Royal Guard's cape and ghetto dyed it (Sharpie then water bathed it)yo darken it up a bit more, and then adjusted the width by folding, sewing, then cutting it to remove the excess material.

Then I just literally pulled of Garindan's head to get it off that ugly Hasbro body and painted to match the burgundy body color of the Royal Guard plastic. Surprisingly, just pulling his head off resulted in him having a very Kenner type peg for the neck attachment. If anyone has ever seen a headless Royal Guard, he's got a weird slot where his head is glued, but Garindan's head totally covered this and I did not have to fill this in at all. His head still is able to turn 360º, too.

I previously used the "ropes" that the Royal Guard has on this torso as a belt for one of my Boba Fett customs, so I shaved off the Hasbro belt buckle on the Garindan fig torso and glued it onto the RG fig.

I then just used Sharpie to blacken out his belt, boots, and "gloves" and let all this dry before super-gluing him back together.

The final thing was just to cut the barrel off his Hasbro blaster to use as his communicator (might change the color on this later to make it more visible in his hand.

Overall, I'm happy with how this turned out. Using the RG cape helps make it look more like something out of the ROTJ era figs.

IMG_0956.JPG

darth_stranger

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
I spent a little under a month on a non-Star Wars project/custom.

But Star Wars customs? I just did a few minor things.

I tweaked the Old Republic Trooper’s BFG from looking plain black like this:

And added a chrome wash to make it look more used and “lived in”:

Took a 501st trooper from the Jedi Temple Assault pack, bought an extra pauldron, added some paint, and made my own Commander Appo: