EFX ANH Skywalker Helmet ear pads peeling.

Reaction score
So I recently moved and when removing my helmet from the glass glass where I store my other helmets I noticed the ear pads were flaking. I never wear it or move it around except for the move. Has anyone else had this issue? I have contacted them twice and as par for the course have not received a response. Am I wrong to feel like they should be covered under warranty? Does anyone know how to get in touch with them. I can’t find a phone number?
thanks

Attachments

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
I just checked all three of my Luke's (2-ANH, 1-ESB). No problems thankfully.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Once the degradation has started it is almost impossible to stop it. I use silicone spray and more recently 303 Aero protectant for the Hot Toys pleather suits. But in the end this problem is related to two things: the quality of the pleather/faux leather (this seems to be pretty low quality), and the climate of the region where you live. Hot humid climates are affecting the pleather much faster. But there can be made real leather replacements.

GOLDCYLON

Reaction score
Once the degradation has started it is almost impossible to stop it. I use silicone spray and more recently 303 Aero protectant for the Hot Toys pleather suits. But in the end this problem is related to two things: the quality of the pleather/faux leather (this seems to be pretty low quality), and the climate of the region where you live. Hot humid climates are affecting the pleather much faster. But there can be made real leather replacements.
100% completely accurate. Climate is a factor along with the quality of the material.

corellian2

Reaction score
Happened to my ANH Luke too. Hoping my Wedge holds on. Didn't start putting Mother's Leather Care liquid until its too late. I am considering to wait for the Hasbro helmets to go on sale and buy a bunch of them to get the ear pieces as standby replacement for the damaged EFX ones. At least they will look decent on display (the flaked ones can go back to their boxes).

Shadow

Reaction score
I am considering to wait for the Hasbro helmets to go on sale and buy a bunch of them to get the ear pieces as standby replacement for the damaged EFX ones. At least they will look decent on display (the flaked ones can go back to their boxes).
I might do that as a backup contingency for mine also, good idea if the ear pads are the same.

jediknight49

Reaction score
In the UK Amazon sell 303 and I was looking at getting some for my HT figures.

Seems to be a variety of 303 products, one for marine, one for automotive, one for UV Ray's ect.

Did you buy a specific one or will any of them be okay?

I note they do automotive wipes as well, wondering if they would be ok instead of the spray options?

Sergiu

Reaction score
61EfgxRfK7L._AC_SL1080_.jpg

jediknight49

Reaction score
Reaction score
Once the degradation has started it is almost impossible to stop it. I use silicone spray and more recently 303 Aero protectant for the Hot Toys pleather suits.
In the instances of Hot Toys figures pleather suits, how do you apply it? Do you just spritz them with a mist?

Sergiu

Reaction score
Reaction score
I might do that as a backup contingency for mine also, good idea if the ear pads are the same.
The size of the Hasbro is a bit different (looks a tad smaller but not too much and the color is darker) but since both that and the EFX are attached using velcro, positioning can compensate for it.

Shadow

Reaction score

Chewiegum

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score

I bought a remplacement set and this is perfect, the same stuff used by rs prop

Jawa_Fong

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Maybe use some of the real ear cups from the aph pilot helmets. I found a vintage set for my black series helmet.

Attachments