Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score

I'm surprised that a toy Proton Pack would be $5 less than an actual figure, but then I see that the basic proton blaster is also the same price at $15, so together that would be $30. I'm just really surprised on that pricing considering the gouging that goes on from Hasbro with Star Wars. They were trying to get $30 just for an ugly Han NERF blaster. I pray that the role play stuff is NOT NERF whatsoever and is just fun electronics and sounds with lights.

The PKE Meter taser sounds interesting too - I wonder if they modify one of the old-school meters so it can blast ghosts or stun them?

The only plot point I'm not crazy about is the kid getting ahold of the proton pack. Those things are extremely dangerous, as pointed out by the adults themselves in the original and guys like Venkman probably shouldn't have even been operating one (which they mask in great humor). But this just seems outlandish. It would be akin to a kid finding a machine gun and going through town with an old army Jeep and shooting at robbers or something after firing it a few times with friends in a field. One would think the girl would let her mom know what she found or at least Paul Rudd's character and the adults would be the first to try it. Granted, if I was a kid, I'd be blasting it at least once - it just seems a little farfetched that she would be riding shotgun in Ecto-1 blasting a ghost in her town, totally unrestricted. I'll reserve final judgement for the film itself...

Reaction score
The only plot point I'm not crazy about is the kid getting ahold of the proton pack. Those things are extremely dangerous, as pointed out by the adults themselves in the original
"The proton pack is not a toy." - Egon to a doorman who asks for one.

MysterioMaximus

Reaction score
Interesting I saw fright features figures on there. If that's a callback to the old vintage figures, that'll be awesome.

Coloring

Reaction score
The trailer really didn't do anything for me. Maybe as the movie gets closer, and another trailer comes out, it'll get me on board.

That said, I think this toyline has the potential to be my favorite thing I collect this year. ESPECIALLY if they're gonna be releasing monsters alongside the 'busters. That's my biggest problem with the power rangers line so far: no monsters.

Cosmic_Cow

Reaction score
Reaction score
That's my biggest problem with the power rangers line so far: no monsters.
This is a problem I've been noticing with Power Rangers lines since the late 1990s. Figures of villains for the good guys to fight seem to be few and far between.

Coloring

Reaction score
This is a problem I've been noticing with Power Rangers lines since the late 1990s. Figures of villains for the good guys to fight seem to be few and far between.
I remember really liking the original ban dai toys because the rangers/monsters/zords were all the same size and I thought that was cool everything was compatible. The few lightning collection figures I have are really cool and I like them a lot, but i have trouble keeping interest in the line. The ranger figures themselves(that I do own), however, make me excited about the Ghostbusters line.

sharky

Reaction score

DarkArtist

Reaction score
these prices seem awfully low... I'm not sure what to think yet. I'm curious as to the Slime Lab Playset. Back when Kenner was making RGB stuff there was supposed to be an Egon's Lab (was later released in the Batman and Robin for Mr. Freeze). Makes me think Hasbro may actually do a "retro line" of RGB stuff.

The Ecto-1 playset for $24.99 worries me as this will either be very cheap or very under scaled. these could also be something similar to the Mattel line of the mini figures with the mini Ecto-1 etc

Coloring

Reaction score
Reaction score
Interesting I saw fright features figures on there. If that's a callback to the old vintage figures, that'll be awesome.
Yeah that drew my eye as well - I wonder if they'll be reissues ala MOTUC but with actual mechanics that are improved and won't break as easily as the Kenner ones or just visual representations of that at a bigger scale. OR will they be in homage for the past, but for the new characters? Who knows...

SaberSonic83

Reaction score
these prices seem awfully low... I'm not sure what to think yet. I'm curious as to the Slime Lab Playset. Back when Kenner was making RGB stuff there was supposed to be an Egon's Lab (was later released in the Batman and Robin for Mr. Freeze). Makes me think Hasbro may actually do a "retro line" of RGB stuff.

The Ecto-1 playset for $24.99 worries me as this will either be very cheap or very under scaled. these could also be something similar to the Mattel line of the mini figures with the mini Ecto-1 etc
I thought of this as well, there were a few people already expecting this could be the newer version of the unproduced Egon's Lab. But I see it more like what we saw with Jurassic World - it's a slime lab, as in, a literal home science lab to learn how to make slime as a one-off kind of thing. That's why there are slime lab refills - powders to make different color slimes. I wound't be surprised, if you go on YouTube as a kid these days, homemade slime seems like a big thing for some reason. That being said, I really hope it's Ecto-Plazm that's purple and pink like the old Kenner variety and that you can goop the Busters in a playset kind of lab. We'll see...

MysterioMaximus

Reaction score
Yeah that drew my eye as well - I wonder if they'll be reissues ala MOTUC but with actual mechanics that are improved and won't break as easily as the Kenner ones or just visual representations of that at a bigger scale. OR will they be in homage for the past, but for the new characters? Who knows...

Yeah man, my hope is for some retro in this line. It does have to be actually reproduced vintage molds for me, though that would be cool too, but I'd be down with: modernized version of vintage, of course original film stuff (and to a lesser extent GB2), or def. OG style ard art.

Coloring

Reaction score
According to the rumor Toynewsi posted, wave 1 of the 6 inch line will have a BaF and will be 6 figures (4 being based on the original 4 from the movie).

If true, I'm a little surprised they're putting all 4 up front first.

澳门网上彩票合法么Kooshmeister

Reaction score
Reaction score

GNT

Reaction score
Don't mind the animated looking figures but looking forward to some 6" figures.

OxnardMontalvo

Reaction score
Reaction score
I was down for just the four six inch figures... then I saw the hell hound BAF. Looks like I'm getting all six, lol.

Not sure if I'd buy them, but I actually kind of like those animated style figures. And the Real Ghostbuster re-issues are a nice touch too.

Coloring

Reaction score
Reaction score
I was down for just the four six inch figures... then I saw the hell hound BAF. Looks like I'm getting all six, lol.

Not sure if I'd buy them, but I actually kind of like those animated style figures. And the Real Ghostbuster re-issues are a nice touch too.
It was my first craze before Star Wars hit me in the late 80s/early 90s - my first action figure after Thunder Punch He-Man was Peter Venkman. I'm so pumped to get the retro line and really, I love the rest of it as well. Like you said, SMART marketing to include that Terror Build-A-Dog! Not crazy about the Dana figure but I have to get it now lol

DarthPete

Reaction score
Right? They KNOW the four are going to sell. But who's not gonna say, screw it, I'll get Dana and Gozer too and finish the bear from Louis' apartment.

MysterioMaximus

Reaction score
So I had a very fun sort of mini vacation weekend...so I missed a lot of toyfair. But now catching up, I've got to say....Ghostbusters took toyfair. Def. the
coolest reveals. Honestly, my wallet hates that I am saying this....but I'll be picking up almost ALL of the reveals. ESPECIALLY the retro vintage figures. God the memories!

DarkArtist

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Kind of annoying that these have come along after I spent a fortune on the DST figures. I may well just do a character only display with the diamonds, and put the Hasbro ones on the 'build a roof' which will make it look much larger and more in scale.....

ClanVizsla

Reaction score
Reaction score
The new animated stuff looks pretty neat.. so far not impressed with the Ecto-1 Playset as it looks small and only has the opening door on the side and the back, and the wonky looking missile launcher on the roof is kinda throwing me off too. I did pre-order the 6" figures but now I'm debating about canceling my pre-order as I already have 3 sets of the older Mattel stuff... do I really want more of the same figures regardless of the sculpts?

I'm kinda surprised that they didn't show anything from afterlife.. I figured we'd at least get a sneak peek of the human cast figures but there was nothing and SDCC is too late to show as the movie will have already been out for 2 weeks.

I did love seeing the classic Retro RGB Ghostbusters stuff though.. gotta pick up Staypuft and Slimer as I no longer have them
I think the Ecto-1 may be better than you give it credit for. It already has better design than the original and I'm almost positive both front doors open. I have no idea about the the back, but you can see the seam lines of the front ones. It's designed to seat the figures, not just have a jumper seat. They were just featuring that because the other figures were busy being displayed. If they were smarter they would have shown the other figure inside the car to show the interactivity of it.

I'm just loving the role play stuff - it gets very unsung by collectors because most older people are crazed about the figures, and while they are also very cool - I'm all about these new role play items. One of my fondest memories was getting an RGB Proton Pack on my 5th birthday. I still remember peeling back a corner of wrapping paper and seeing the purple ghost getting blasted and knowing immediately what it was judging but the size of the box that I had salivated at on store shelves. I was the happiest kid on the planet. Seeing that iconic Kenner blue on all the role play toys has me tripping on nostalgia!

The proton pack is exactly like the old one, but styled like the movie one with 4 lights instead of the cartoon 3. It's got a lot more detail this time around and still can hang the wand. Why they didn't simply pack them both together for $30 is beyond me. I doubt many kids want just a pack, though I can see them wanting just a wand. Still, for $15, it's exactly the same price the original was! I just miss the yellow hose - it's a shame they cut that out. Maybe the packs are somehow Bluetooth now??? lol...I jest...seems like a typical Hasbro oversight or needless cost-cutting maneuver that could have easily been made up for in the price. It bugs the hell out of me that not one video on YouTube shows off the basic proton blaster. It's supposed to have a variable length stream - so my guess is you twist the neck much like the more expensive proton mod blaster to manipulate the stream length. Nothing bothers me more than the vendors not going over every inch of their product. You have the stuff out there, yet don't even take the time to show off the functions? The guy in the Ghostbusters booth was half-a$$ing everything like he didn't even want to be there, no enthusiasm at all. This stuff was all next-level...Ghostbusters totally won Toy Fair, but I didn't sense any enthusiasm from the representatives themselves. That proton blaster looks so cool - with the Kenner one all you had was foam to stick in the end to act like you had a stream. I personally loved the idea of that feature, helping us kids pretend we were blasting a ghost. I wanted to see how far that new stream extended, as it's a part of the wand's price.

Nearly everybody who even walked into that booth walked straight past the role play items or glazed over them with a swipe of the camera. I get it - I'm a grown man who will never fit into that tiny pack and the wand will look comically small in my hands, but I'll be buying them for posterity and my future kids haha. It's just weird they didn't garner more attention - those items were all such a straight flashback to our Kenner childhoods, you think more people would have geeked out over them. The PKE is so awesome!

MysterioMaximus

Reaction score
I think the Ecto-1 may be better than you give it credit for. It already has better design than the original and I'm almost positive both front doors open. I have no idea about the the back, but you can see the seam lines of the front ones. It's designed to seat the figures, not just have a jumper seat. They were just featuring that because the other figures were busy being displayed. If they were smarter they would have shown the other figure inside the car to show the interactivity of it.

I'm just loving the role play stuff - it gets very unsung by collectors because most older people are crazed about the figures, and while they are also very cool - I'm all about these new role play items. One of my fondest memories was getting an RGB Proton Pack on my 5th birthday. I still remember peeling back a corner of wrapping paper and seeing the purple ghost getting blasted and knowing immediately what it was judging but the size of the box that I had salivated at on store shelves. I was the happiest kid on the planet. Seeing that iconic Kenner blue on all the role play toys has me tripping on nostalgia!

The proton pack is exactly like the old one, but styled like the movie one with 4 lights instead of the cartoon 3. It's got a lot more detail this time around and still can hang the wand. Why they didn't simply pack them both together for $30 is beyond me. I doubt many kids want just a pack, though I can see them wanting just a wand. Still, for $15, it's exactly the same price the original was! I just miss the yellow hose - it's a shame they cut that out. Maybe the packs are somehow Bluetooth now??? lol...I jest...seems like a typical Hasbro oversight or needless cost-cutting maneuver that could have easily been made up for in the price. It bugs the hell out of me that not one video on YouTube shows off the basic proton blaster. It's supposed to have a variable length stream - so my guess is you twist the neck much like the more expensive proton mod blaster to manipulate the stream length. Nothing bothers me more than the vendors not going over every inch of their product. You have the stuff out there, yet don't even take the time to show off the functions? The guy in the Ghostbusters booth was half-a$$ing everything like he didn't even want to be there, no enthusiasm at all. This stuff was all next-level...Ghostbusters totally won Toy Fair, but I didn't sense any enthusiasm from the representatives themselves. That proton blaster looks so cool - with the Kenner one all you had was foam to stick in the end to act like you had a stream. I personally loved the idea of that feature, helping us kids pretend we were blasting a ghost. I wanted to see how far that new stream extended, as it's a part of the wand's price.

Nearly everybody who even walked into that booth walked straight past the role play items or glazed over them with a swipe of the camera. I get it - I'm a grown man who will never fit into that tiny pack and the wand will look comically small in my hands, but I'll be buying them for posterity and my future kids haha. It's just weird they didn't garner more attention - those items were all such a straight flashback to our Kenner childhoods, you think more people would have geeked out over them. The PKE is so awesome!
Strange you say that because honestly? My memories of GB toys are MOST ESPECIALLY role play. Heck no joke, how I met my best friend. Remember the one where it was like a viewfinder? Projection! Gosh I ran around hunting ghosts, my dad and mom called me the hero of the home. Ha!

MysterioMaximus

Reaction score
Guys I am so excited .......GB def. took toyfair.

ThallJoben

Reaction score
Guys I am so excited .......GB def. took toyfair.
Agree completely. I was very underwhelmed by the "new" SW offerings. And, though I'm definitely impressed by the new 6" G.I. Joe line - they didn't show that many new figures.

However, the new GB are great! Not only are they re-issuing the cartoon figures, but they have a completely new line of '84 movie figures. Very comprehensive & impressive; nicely done.

Kind of annoying that these have come along after I spent a fortune on the DST figures.
I actually considered buying some older GB figures online last year, but the cost was prohibitive.

Last edited: