Hoth Rebel Soldier - 40th ESB Anniversary

GNT

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Armybuilder! This time, Hasbro, PLEASE add various heads!
He will go great with my Hoth turret though!
I just hope that some of the other troopers like Rebel Fleet, Death Star, and maybe Cassian can all have swap-able heads.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
I just hope that some of the other troopers like Rebel Fleet, Death Star, and maybe Cassian can all have swap-able heads.
Strange to me they do not use a standardized peg for the heads for most of the figures. I am always picking up extras of ones like the Rebel Fleet and Death Star troopers to head swap between them.

Reaction score
The Hoth Rebel soldier, if done correctly, would look great in this line. The character has definitely been under-represented re: action figures. They've never made a 12" version, so a 6" would be almost as good.

I typically don't like variants, but I think that would work with this character (i.e. clean shaven, mustache, etc.).
That would be a great idea, but we all know Hasbro would mess it up and make way to many of the first type and the 2nd, 3rd, etc would become hard to find. Then again, they would probably show up at Ross in another year, for $3 so win-win. LOL!

Reaction score
Reaction score
It would be such an easy win for Hasbro if they did make accessories bundles with weapons, heads, trays for astromechs, hookah pipes, mouse droids, replacements etc.

ThallJoben

Reaction score
That would be a great idea, but we all know Hasbro would mess it up and make way to many of the first type and the 2nd, 3rd, etc would become hard to find. Then again, they would probably show up at Ross in another year, for $3 so win-win. LOL!
Agreed. Then, they may as well make a generic clean-shaven trooper & that's it. The film actually has very few mustached troopers (I think I saw one in the trenches) - most of them look very similar, and are dressed in very similar outfits.

However, in addition to a generic Hoth Rebel Trooper, they could also make a mustached Major Derlin (Cliff Claven from Cheers - LOL), since that was a completely different character & outfit.

THX1969

Reaction score
Reaction score
I would like to see the anti vehicle radar cannon with the Hoth Trooper.

ThallJoben

Reaction score
I would like to see the anti vehicle radar cannon with the Hoth Trooper.
Yes, the more I think about this a Hoth Rebel Trooper would work great as a "deluxe" figure. So, a great way to release this would be to include these three items with the figure (in addition to the regular weapon accessories):

-Alternate head w/mustache (so troop-builders can get more than one & be assured that they would have both versions)

- Anti vehicle radar cannon

- long laser mounted in the snow during the Hoth trench sequences

OxnardMontalvo

Reaction score
Reaction score
Yes, the more I think about this a Hoth Rebel Trooper would work great as a "deluxe" figure. So, a great way to release this would be to include these three items with the figure (in addition to the regular weapon accessories):

-Alternate head w/mustache (so troop-builders can get more than one & be assured that they would have both versions)

- Anti vehicle radar cannon

- long laser mounted in the snow during the Hoth trench sequences
Man i'd love this so much! Hasbro are seemingly done with vehicles for Black Series so this would be a great idea for some more deluxe sets moving forward

jedimasterc

Reaction score
Reaction score

USP45Hunter

Reaction score
Reaction score
It's about damn time we get some "good guy" soldiers. My kids love to play with these guys and there's a near infinite number of bad guy soldiers but no good guys outside of the heroes and the blue/gray rebel fleet guy. I've been saying for a long time that the best two additions to this line would be a Hoth and Endor rebel trooper.
There really is a clear lack of "fodder" for the bad guys. I am confident the Endor rebel troopers will be realized as well.

GNT

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
they pack extra faces, so you can have multiples for army building.

GreedoTwerp

Reaction score
Reaction score

Billy_Ray

Reaction score
I'm not seeing extra faces, they might release bearded dude as an exclusive with a turret like Dak with the speeder maybe.
They said in the presentation that the extra face plate actually stores inside the backpack!

BlasTech

Reaction score
This is like the perfect action figure.

djcos25

Reaction score
They said in the presentation that the extra face plate actually stores inside the backpack!
"Echo Station 3-T-A we've spotted Imperial Walkers!"
"Hold on Jim I need my extra face plate from my backpack! The beard helps with the cold!"

Coz

Reaction score
Reaction score
Extra face, goggles, perfect army builder. So it will be short packed and hard to find.
preorder them. You’ll have until August 1st to saveup the money.

GreedoTwerp

Reaction score

DeWonnaWonga

Reaction score

USSZim

Reaction score
I have been waiting years, since the beginning of the line, for Rebel soldiers. FINALLY!! He looks amazing... now I just need Endor and Scarif troops.

THX1969

Reaction score
Reaction score
I was just marveling (pardon the pun) at the Marvel Legends Series Avengers: Infinity War 6-inch Dora Milaje Figure which comes with THREE (3!) different heads. (I bought 3 at a low price.) and was seriously hoping Hasbro would start to do something similar with the Star Wars Lines.

I did order 2x Hoth Rebel Soldiers, but maybe I need to preorder one more to keep on the vintage card back for the wall display.
The "Stepford Cuckoo" and Dani Moonstar figure also come with three different headsculpts, but ML figures recycle a huge amount of tooling in comparison with the Black Series.

THX1969

Reaction score
The "Stepford Cuckoo" and Dani Moonstar figure also come with three different headsculpts, but ML figures recycle a huge amount of tooling in comparison with the Black Series.
But the Dora Marvel figures come packed with the one, same head attached, and then two extra heads packed on the side.

It ostensibly is 'one figure' with two extra accessories?

The Hoth Rebel Solider doesn't need retooling for the body, right?

I really, really want Hasbro to begin doing this with the SWBS6 series.

Etain

Reaction score