Luke Skywalker (Bespin) - 40th ESB Anniversary

GNT

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
I pre-ordered him. Looks fantastic and Im trying to keep a ESB focus in the 6 line.

Reaction score
I preordered this because it's Luke and I never got the first version.

Montross

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
People have this in hand, no?

Have I missed a side by side of the production figure next to the original Bespin Luke?

I know a lot of people prefer the new head but I just get a love child of Ellen Degeneres and Beck vibe from it. I always like the original head, even though it wasn't a perfect likeness.

The original also has nice weathering on the suit, in my opinion. I really wanna see the if the new one's weathering is as nice. Hard to say from the promo pics.

(Of course an SHF would make any BS release of this guy obsolete...no way they wouldn't include the removable hand feature which I still can't believe Hasbro never bothered with!)

C234

Reaction score
I got this from Meijer about two weeks back. Really like the figure. Missed out on the original, so it's nice to include this on my Luke shelf. The head is definitely a little off, but so are all of the Luke faces as far as I'm concerned.

tanksmasher

Reaction score
Reaction score

LuxBonteri

Reaction score

Have I missed a side by side of the production figure next to the original Bespin Luke?

I know a lot of people prefer the new head but I just get a love child of Ellen Degeneres and Beck vibe from it. I always like the original head, even though it wasn't a perfect likeness.

The original also has nice weathering on the suit, in my opinion. I really wanna see the if the new one's weathering is as nice. Hard to say from the promo pics.

(Of course an SHF would make any BS release of this guy obsolete...no way they wouldn't include the removable hand feature which I still can't believe Hasbro never bothered with!)
side by side comparison on the ESB 40th anniversary topic, I'm thinking very early on the pages.

LuxBonteri

Reaction score

LuxBonteri

Reaction score

Bowcaster

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Arrived last week, I decided to keep him in the card because it looks so nice (and because Bespin Luke is my favorite version of the character). Put him up next to my other Lukes so it looks like I've got a "Story of Skywalker" thing going on, haha

Attachments

THX1969

Reaction score
I was looking for this thread! :)

I am not sure whether to open this first one until my other preorder arrives and then compare the two card backs.

:unsure:

Billy_Ray

Reaction score
Found the first wave of 40th figures today at Walmart and was able to cherry pick a Luke. Looks great in hand, so much better than most pics I have seen. That cardback though! :rolleyes: Glad I am an opener.

I had one pre-ordered from Amazon that wasn't supposed to ship until the 29th. Of course I got home to discover that he shipped today. I'll hang onto him for customizing I guess. I'm thinking maybe a Dagobah landing Luke down thew road

Billy_Ray

Reaction score
Cracked him open today and I am digging the upgrade:

20200422_200031 (2).jpg

j97e

Reaction score
Found the first wave of 40th figures today at Walmart and was able to cherry pick a Luke. Looks great in hand, so much better than most pics I have seen. That cardback though! :rolleyes: Glad I am an opener.
Why? What's the problem with the card?

Kylash327

Reaction score
The photo on the front of the card isnt a photo... its like a digital painting over the original photo... really odd and sloppy looking.

Billy_Ray

Reaction score
Yeah, they heavily altered the original image and it just looks...wack, as the kids say (do the kids still say that?)

DeWonnaWonga

Reaction score
Why? What's the problem with the card?
- Body looks like Stretch Armstrong
- Left forearm looks broken
- Face looks like he just saw Jabba the Hutt having sex

anakinkenobi

Reaction score
Reaction score

I had one pre-ordered from Amazon that wasn't supposed to ship until the 29th. Of course I got home to discover that he shipped today. I'll hang onto him for customizing I guess. I'm thinking maybe a Dagobah landing Luke down thew road
Does his face look as long in hand as it does in photos ?

Coloring

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score

Dak_Ren

Reaction score

GalaxyShot

Reaction score

Doop

Reaction score
He does look a lot better than that horrendous original release (not that the original wouldn't be hard to beat), a part of me wishes Hasbro opted for a Bespin Duel Luke instead. It'd pair nicely with the TESB Vader, and that scene specific look is far more iconic and memorable than regular Bespin Fatigues Luke.

CellBlock1138

Reaction score
Reaction score
I just don't know whether to pull the trigger on this. That face does nothing for me in the photos I've seen. His expression is kinda laughable.
Yeah he has this weird wide eyed deer in the headlights look lol

Oofa

Reaction score
I just don't know whether to pull the trigger on this. That face does nothing for me in the photos I've seen. His expression is kinda laughable.
Well.. if you're a customizer, it's a good body for the At-St driver.

lordtyrannus

Reaction score
Got mine in from Pulse finally. I'm glad to have a photo real Bespin Luke but the figure itself is very dated with stiff and lower levels of articulation. Looking forward to the day Figuarts does this one.

Beautiful photo! That said, it made me smile to hear someone talk about how dated an action figure is that has almost 30 points of articulation. The poor 3.75" crowd had to deal with 5 points of articulation for several years, and even now, the vintage collection figures don't nearly have the articulation that this Luke does. I'm not insulting you; I just found it amusing 🙂

GalaxyShot

Reaction score
Beautiful photo! That said, it made me smile to hear someone talk about how dated an action figure is that has almost 30 points of articulation. The poor 3.75" crowd had to deal with 5 points of articulation for several years, and even now, the vintage collection figures don't nearly have the articulation that this Luke does. I'm not insulting you; I just found it amusing 🙂
lol thank you! It's more so because it's a re-release than anything else I guess. Had I simply picked up this figure as it was when it first came out there's nothing to complain about except "Oh man figures have really improved since this one". But being touted as an updated re-release it's stiff articulation stands out more against the most recent figures.

I grew up on 5-8 POA Power of the Force 2 figures in the 90s so I very much remember what worse articulation is haha. My all time favorite figures are the ones that first blew my mind. The 1999 Duel of Fates Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon and Maul with swivel elbows that let them actually hold their lightsabers with two hands and display in a jaw dropping realistic (for the time) battle scene on your shelf

CellBlock1138

Reaction score
Well.. if you're a customizer, it's a good body for the At-St driver.
I presume you mean some sort of kit bash between bespin luke and General Veers? You've have to sand off those big patch pockets on the tunic.

Honestly though, I can see the AT-ST Driver being released within a few years.

CellBlock1138

Reaction score
Yeah he has this weird wide eyed deer in the headlights look lol
Aye. It certainly looks like a better figure than the old attempt. But that face isn't a showcase for the photoreal paint apps at all. Maybe if I shoot it with a little matt spray, it might tone down the WTF? expression he has.

I just dunno. So disappointed in this. Was really looking forward to a redone Bespin Luke. My fave Luke when I was a kid. :(

AgentClaret

Reaction score
I dunno, man... I just picked this one up at Target, I'm really digging it. It makes the old one look laughable! It's not perfect, but young Mark Hamil seems to be a hard likeness to nail. I'd say this one looks about as good as the recent Jabba's palace Luke.