Other 6" Star Wars Lines

GNT

Reaction score
Since people are talking about the upcoming Revoltech all over the place, here's a thread to discuss all other 6" figures in one place.

Rebelscum have posted a few pictures of some of the Revoltech prototypes, will these be making their way into your collection?

Reaction score
Reaction score

Bolingbroke

Reaction score
Reaction score
Looks better than the swb one, which is way too slender.
The scale is a little off though - rumor has it that it's around 6.3 inches, which makes him a little too tall.

xMClass

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score

MountainTK

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Armor looks pretty good. Helmet not so much. Sculpt is off a bit. Looks like they went for the ROTJ look. Mouth isn't supposed to be blue. But I'd say that sculpt is way better than Sideshow's ST. The best and most accurate Stormtrooper helmet sculpt is still Gentle Giant's Mini Busts.
Yeah it does look off. Not sure until we see more pics.

澳门网上彩票合法么Jedi_Elxsound

Reaction score
Reaction score
I don't like the Mafex Stormtroopers at all. I am curious to see what Vader actually ends up looking like (I can't believe they'd make him the same size as the ST, so my bet is on a photoshop mistake).
Vader is listed at 170mm, or 6.7". The Stormtroopers are listed at 160mm, or 6.3". I'm hoping these are just an estimates, but they're probably not. MAFEX Batman and MAFEX Spider-Man were both around 6.3", so the MAFEX Stormtrooper will probably be a tad too tall too.

OdinsDad

Reaction score
Reaction score
They look like big dudes with small heads.
Vader, yes. With the Stormtroopers, they're a bit tall, but I could definitely see someone's head fitting in one of those things. I still think it's better than the BS Stormtroopers overall but I'm probably gonna pass on them. Helmets could be bigger, but with the right posing, I could actually mistake the MAFEX Stormtrooper for a real person in uniform. Maybe a slightly inaccurate uniform, but still.

SamLoscosCave

Reaction score
Reaction score
I prefer TBS one *shrugs

And at twice the price, couldn't be more of a pass
Same.

I really like their Dark Knight Batman and Catwoman, but otherwise, I'm not a fan of these. I like the BS better. I cannot be pressed to $40 for this release. At that price it should be significantly better than the BS version, but right now it just looks like a variation, so they get no money from me for that release.

Reaction score
Vader, yes. With the Stormtroopers, they're a bit tall, but I could definitely see someone's head fitting in one of those things. I still think it's better than the BS Stormtroopers overall but I'm probably gonna pass on them. Helmets could be bigger, but with the right posing, I could actually mistake the MAFEX Stormtrooper for a real person in uniform. Maybe a slightly inaccurate uniform, but still.
the articulation on the BS6" makes it look attenuated. As for inaccuracies on this one..the most glaring being the ab buttons...almost looks like the ab plate is upside down??

StormtrooperFX

Reaction score

Cell

Reaction score
Medicom Stormtrooper. Any eagle-eyed Stormtrooper experts have any notes on the sculpt?

I think the armour looks kind of messy, especially the crotch piece. Glad we got the TBS ANH Stormtrooper...

SamLoscosCave

Reaction score

starshark

Reaction score
Reaction score
BBTS has them for preorder at $55. If you have a link for $35 shipped, please let me know.
These probably come out to like $22.49 per dude, shipped:

pohatu771

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
BBTS has them for preorder at $55. If you have a link for $35 shipped, please let me know.
Not shipped, but here are the best prices I could find. Obviously, like with BBTS, you can save on shipping by combining orders.

~$34.50 @ amiami.com:

~$33.50 @ biginjap.com

John_Solo

Reaction score
If so, I might do it as long as the price doesn't go over $35 - and even then, the in-hand photos would have to look really good.
Looks like BBTS will have them at $55 a pop (not including shipping), plus they have listed some height estimates:

So, for me $55 is too much for something that won't be in scale with the rest of the line I already have. Seem like nice collectibles on their own though.

BigBayBlue

Reaction score
Not shipped, but here are the best prices I could find. Obviously, like with BBTS, you can save on shipping by combining orders.

~$34.50 @ amiami.com:

~$33.50 @ biginjap.com
Am I correct to assume these are Japanese sites that will high international shipping prices?

澳门网上彩票合法么StormtrooperFX

Reaction score
Am I correct to assume these are Japanese sites that will high international shipping prices?
Relatively high. If you have an order of 3 or 4 figures from them, shipping would probably be about $15 for registered/insured shipping. Less for uninsured, more for faster shipping. I buy a lot of figures from them anyway, so the shipping fees get spread relatively thin.

It also should be noted that even if you buy just one MAFEX Stormtrooper from Japan, it's still cheaper than buying from BBTS before shipping is added. And you'll receive it weeks earlier.

BigBayBlue

Reaction score
Relatively high. If you have an order of 3 or 4 figures from them, shipping would probably be about $15 for registered/insured shipping. Less for uninsured, more for faster shipping. I buy a lot of figures from them anyway, so the shipping fees get spread relatively thin.

It also should be noted that even if you buy just one MAFEX Stormtrooper from Japan, it's still cheaper than buying from BBTS before shipping is added. And you'll receive it weeks earlier.
That's good to know. International shipping charges from the US to Japan are much higher than that, so I assumed it would be worse.

bigbarada

Reaction score
Medicom Stormtrooper. Any eagle-eyed Stormtrooper experts have any notes on the sculpt?

Helmet is way too small and it's making the body look a bit "chunky". I've noticed that tiny heads seem to be pretty common on a lot of Japanese figures.

Definitely looks like they went for the ROTJ helmet, which is my least favorite version.

澳门网上彩票合法么Bolingbroke

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
This photo gives you a better idea of the size that the ROTJ helmet should be in relation to the shoulders and upper body:

The MAFEX Stormtrooper helmet ends up looking more like the low-quality Rubies helmet from a few years back:
Yeah, but the pic also gives you the sense of how not thin the rest of the figure should look.

StormtrooperFX

Reaction score
Reaction score
New pics of Bandai's Samurai "movie realization" Vader. Rumored at around $90 (hopefully that's not true), this guy should stand around 7 inches tall. Way too expensive for my tastes, but it's a neat gimmick.

More info on thefwoosh.com

It's kind of neat, but I wouldn't be a buyer at $20. I admire the artistry of the design, but it's not really a Star Wars figure to me.

bigbarada

Reaction score
Yeah, but the pic also gives you the sense of how not thin the rest of the figure should look.
I never actually said that the body was chunky. What I actually said was that the small helmet was making the body appear chunky. In other words, if the head wasn't too small, then the body would look fine.

bigbarada

Reaction score
New pics of Bandai's Samurai "movie realization" Vader. Rumored at around $90 (hopefully that's not true), this guy should stand around 7 inches tall. Way too expensive for my tastes, but it's a neat gimmick.

More info on thefwoosh.com

I'd be interested in seeing them do a Stormtrooper in this style.