Tatooine Jerba

Reaction score
For some reason the Jerba creature from Tatooine has always been neglected. It has received no real merchandise besides it’s mounted head in the new TVC Jabba’s Palace set. I do recall hearing George disliked the design so it was always faced away from the camera.

It appears two were actually sculpted by Fred Pearl (who also sculpted the Dewback) but only one ended up surviving with its head used in ROTJ. The same head can still be found in the Lucasfilm archives.

All in all I really believe it deserves more love, recognition, and merchandise. I’d definitely buy a TVC Jerba.
7A43844A-E5CD-4D4C-8E52-A04244E2F44E.jpeg
9D58FFE8-3A26-4F20-96B2-182488AEDD81.jpeg
8D2CBF7D-0C3A-48CB-8F73-3F858E40EFD1.jpeg

Lots of rare photos and information regarding its (and the Dewback’s) design and construction can be found here:

Reaction score
In all my years, I've never noticed this. I thought it was just a head in Jabba's Palace. Well I'll be darned. Kind of a big space yak, isn't it? That's one thing SW always seems to do, just when you thought you've noticed everything...POP...you still can find something you've never caught before on occasion.

ZevSenesca

Reaction score
In all my years, I've never noticed this. I thought it was just a head in Jabba's Palace. Well I'll be darned. Kind of a big space yak, isn't it? That's one thing SW always seems to do, just when you thought you've noticed everything...POP...you still can find something you've never caught before on occasion.
I had never noticed the Spacetroopers with the backpacks on outside the Death Star in the first film until someone pointed it out on here.

MysterioMaximus

Reaction score
I had never noticed the Spacetroopers with the backpacks on outside the Death Star in the first film until someone pointed it out on here.
It's funny you say that because I was also the same with that. When the figure came out in...I want to say the Legacy Collection (???)...I thought it was just some expanded universe type design. I was shocked to find they're actually in ANH,,,albeit for what? Three seconds? Four tops? But yeah, turns out there was an entire stormtrooper variant I never even knew existed for most of my life. I also want to say I read somewhere that one of the Spacetroopers was Joe Johnson, designer on the OT and film director of The Rocketeer, Jurassic Park III, and Captain America: The First Avenger.

Jaxxon

Reaction score
I have noticed this creature at all even as a head on Jabba's wall and never seen it in any behind the scenes material either.

Now I await the opportunity to casually mention the "the Jerba" and to feign shock people tell how they've never seen a "jerba". :p

ZevSenesca

Reaction score
Reaction score

pod

Reaction score
Reaction score
#vote1moreJerba

What do we want?

MORE JERBA!

When do we want it?

NOW!!

I agree, great thread, this guy needs more love.