The Mandalorian (Beskar) - TM01

Reaction score
What a shame, man. It looks really bad. Black Series has been so good recently it’s weird they can’t get this figure right. Discounting that awful jet pack/cape situation, his helmet looks retarded again. I’m fine with just ditching the cape and either going custom or no cape, but the jet pack looks like ass too. And did you say it’s $30?

Ugh...

Reaction score
Early Photos:

The Combination of the Jet Pack + his Cape looks... awkward to say the least. 8[

Wow. He looks like crap. I mean I’m not trying to rain on anyone’s parade but man. Cheap looking paint, warped helmet, same bad cape, jetpack is absolutely wrong color and looks lifeless, and the left knee is wrong. 🤦‍♂️
But on a positive note the Kamino clone looks outstanding!

Geist

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
What a shame, man. It looks really bad. Black Series has been so good recently it’s weird they can’t get this figure right. Discounting that awful jet pack/cape situation, his helmet looks retarded again. I’m fine with just ditching the cape and either going custom or no cape, but the jet pack looks like ass too. And did you say it’s $30?

Ugh...
It’s not $30. It’s $19.99.

Masterfett

Reaction score
Well, truth be told one should probably take of any capes(loose clothing) when using a jet pack anyways. Otherwise it could catch on fire or fly up into your face. That's why Boba had a short one! ;)

RUOKR2

Reaction score

DarthPete

Reaction score
Reaction score
Well, truth be told one should probably take of any capes(loose clothing) when using a jet pack anyways. Otherwise it could catch on fire or fly up into your face. That's why Boba had a short one! ;)
You mean because his caught on fire and flew up in his face or that he made it short so it wouldn't fly up to his face after it caught on fire? 😽

GNT

Reaction score
Reaction score
Why is the helmet so bad for this guy and the original version?

SpectreOne

Reaction score

Oofa

Reaction score
Early Photos:

The Combination of the Jet Pack + his Cape looks... awkward to say the least. 8[

He is both flying upwards and sideways at the same time :LOL:

The_Mighty_Jabba

Reaction score
I don't understand why they used such a dull looking paint on the helmet. It's so much glossier and better looking on the 3 3/4 figure.

Almost looks like the helmet is removable with a head underneath it is so bulbous.

Why would Hasbro do better though? It will still sell out so they don't care lol.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Drewton

Reaction score
Helmet looks really warped but I noticed that on the first Mando figure too.

Codeman1432

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Jetpack is the laziest thing I’ve ever seen.

Oofa

Reaction score
Reaction score
Early Photos:

That jet pack is really soft with no paint :(

dsuspense

Reaction score
Reaction score
I’m not seeing what the uproar is all about. We already knew about the unpainted jetpack, the crappy plastic cape and the right quad armor, and preordered anyway.

Drewton

Reaction score
I’m not seeing what the uproar is all about. We already knew about the unpainted jetpack, the crappy plastic cape and the right quad armor, and preordered anyway.
Yeah, I think the picture quality and lighting in the photos just isn’t very flattering.

thenza

Reaction score
I like the original look better anyway. It was a mistake to make him evolve from an OT, worn and dirty look to a PT, shiny and new look. I like that he’s poor, gets his ass kicked regularly, and has a cobbled together feel. It’s what makes Boba Fett cooler than Jango Fett.

parintachin73

Reaction score
I like the original look better anyway. It was a mistake to make him evolve from an OT, worn and dirty look to a PT, shiny and new look. I like that he’s poor, gets his ass kicked regularly, and has a cobbled together feel. It’s what makes Boba Fett cooler than Jango Fett.
I agree. I like the shiny look too but I prefer the hodgepodge. A lot of the charm of the SW universe for me is the messy, dirty, lived in, feel. They def should have made the transition longer at least. Not 2nd episode here’s your shiny, new , priceless armor! Should have been the finale.

lordtyrannus

Reaction score
I see this figure continues the long-standing Hasbro tradition of us purchasing 90% of a figure and customizing the remaining 10%. When I hear Power Rangers Lightning and GI Joe Classified collectors complaining about missing paint apps and awkward accessories, I just sit there and shake my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dak_Ren

Reaction score
People thought the helmet would be sharper but reusing same mold we know it gets softer with overuse and production. Also the Beskar armor isn’t even shiny like the glam shots. Overall, a big disappointment but should have been expected sadly. Maybe wait for the carbonized one lol.

Masterfett

Reaction score
Normally I would agree with the hodgepodge aspect. However, Mandalorians take a little more pride in their garments. Sure in this new era they may not be what they once were, more refugee than an Empire. Their goal is to reclaim/restore what they once were, so I would expect them to be slightly different that your average citizen scavenging for parts.

And he was the only one to look like that while all the others has full Mando Armor, so it's feel only natural to see him adorn the full monty eventually.
Unless perhaps the reason being that he is just a foundling thus doesn't deserve the honor of wearing full Mandalorian armor?

Oofa

Reaction score
He should at least have painted his armor. Not very tactical to walk out all shiny and stuff. But then again, he isn't really that smart.

Real_Scooby

Reaction score
I agree. I like the shiny look too but I prefer the hodgepodge. A lot of the charm of the SW universe for me is the messy, dirty, lived in, feel. They def should have made the transition longer at least. Not 2nd episode here’s your shiny, new , priceless armor! Should have been the finale.
I guess, his new shiny armor will be beaten up during season 2 again. And there is no raw beskar left to get reforged, and we even don't know what happened to the forger

Dak_Ren

Reaction score
I guess, his new shiny armor will be beaten up during season 2 again. And there is no raw beskar left to get reforged, and we even don't know what happened to the forger
Can’t be the only forger or Beskar left in the galaxy though.

j97e

Reaction score

Real_Scooby

Reaction score
Can’t be the only forger or Beskar left in the galaxy though.
yeah, but it seems to be pretty rare as for the reaction Mando recieved when presenting the first plate, not to speak of the full canister 😉

Masterfett

Reaction score
Makes you wonder though, if the Empire did appropriate most of their Beskar. And it's supposedly so strong, why didn't they use it for Stormtrooper armor instead of the cheap crap they used? Might have been able to defend against those furry little creatures better.

RUOKR2

Reaction score
Makes you wonder though, if the Empire did appropriate most of their Beskar. And it's supposedly so strong, why didn't they use it for Stormtrooper armor instead of the cheap crap they used? Might have been able to defend against those furry little creatures better.
Are you sure they didn't try?! :giggle:

BlasTech

Reaction score
I see this figure continues the long-standing Hasbro tradition of us purchasing 90% of a figure and customizing the remaining 10%. When I hear Power Rangers Lightning and GI Joe Classified collectors complaining about missing paint apps and awkward accessories, I just sit there and shake my head.
Hasbro knows a non-trivial number of people will buy anything as long as it's 1/12th -scale...😐

People thought the helmet would be sharper but reusing same mold we know it gets softer with overuse and production.
The best example I know of mould softening is the 1984 Cobra Firefly, and that was the result of being used for dozens of different production runs over like three decades, not two over the course of less than a year.

And there is no raw beskar left to get reforged, and we even don't know what happened to the forger
Says who? 🤔

Makes you wonder though, if the Empire did appropriate most of their Beskar. And it's supposedly so strong, why didn't they use it for Stormtrooper armor instead of the cheap crap they used?
They had better things to use it on than mere Stormtroopers.

Are you sure they didn't try?! :giggle:

LOL 😅

TK_171

Reaction score
Other than the jet pack and cape I still think this looks better than the SHF version. Helmet on the figuarts is too narrow and that cleaner looking plastic they use without any dry brushing always gives their figures a more animated look which I'm not a fan of. Not to mention the price..

Fan_of_the_1300

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
To answer your question, two words.. They're expendible. The Emperor never cared about his troops

The Emperor may have collected the beskar for his personal collection (is Battlefront 2's story mode canon?) as a souvenir of conquest