The Vintage Rebellion Podcast

Jez

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score

[FONT=&quot]The Vintage Rebellion return after their extended break with their longest podcast to date, beating the previous longest by a staggering 26 minutes, good luck to those who listen to this in one sitting![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Joining the team this month for an interview is a well known name in the collecting community, Mattias Rendahl, Mattias talks about his books, preproduction and growing up in Sweden with Star Wars amongst many other things.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Also this month, David Moss of Toy Polloi returns to the show to discuss the restoration of Vintage Star Wars。 David discusses restoring toys fit for the bin, sometimes using techniques seen by some as controversial to hardcore collectors。 This months Oddball section hopes to trigger some interesting conversations and highlight some of David's incredible restorations。[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]An extended rebel briefings sees much discussed from the charming message in a falcon story, fake wollworth baggies, Palitoy 30 back fetts, Meccano Fett world record sale as well as many other stories being discussed in the community. We also hear some interviews from Celebration from various collectors who attended the event.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mattheiu Barthelemy join the team during the Newest Acquisitions segment to discuss his recent purchase of a Meccano Landspeeder, whilst the boys also look at other stand out buys within the collecting community.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We have a Celebration break down, rapid fire and the usual song, as the Rebellion return to what they do best. ENJOY!!![/FONT]

michael_mensinger

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score

The Vintage Rebellion return with a shorter show (but still generally longer than most other podcasts) after such a short period since the last show.

Todd Hudson joins the Rebellion to discuss his collecting habits as he delves into his past to discuss his once impressive Chewbacca focus, and more up to date collecting as examine his love of preproduction collectibles including Revenge Proofs, 4 ups, Boxflats amongst many other items.

Criz Bee of JediBusiness.com and Galaxy of Toys and ToyRun Podcasts joins Grant for this months oddballs as they look at modern collecting with a Vintage Twist, a real must listen from a true modern expert.

Chris Georgoulis joins Richard for Rebel Briefings for an educational and fascinating discussion as he was reunited with a Wax Sculpt head and Tusken body. Marc Walsh also returns to the show to discuss his new shop that he's recently opened in Blackpool.

Pete brings us a look at the recent Propstore Auction in this months Market, and be sure to listen on at the end of the show as Rich goes into meltdown!!!!!!

Enjoy the Show!!!

Last edited:

Kenner76

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score

Richard_H

Reaction score
Reaction score

Last edited:

Richard_H

Reaction score

The Vintage Rebellion return with another 5 hour epic and are joined by the delightful Amy Sjoberg to discuss amongst many other things, her love affair of Ewoks. Keeping on the topic of Ewoks, Pete welcomes Scott Haddow onto Market to look at the MOCwoks as they talk the Ewok MOC Market.

This months Beyond The Toys is for every Original Trilogy fanatic. Jamie Benning comes on the show to discuss his filmumentaries project. An original concept that merges film with documentary, a fresh reinvention of immersive 'making of' storytelling.

Richard welcomes GW Acrylic UK dealer, Jamie Brown onto this months Rebel Briefings as they discuss the new product line they are offering. Rebel Briefings also brings us an update on baggiegate as well as a feel good story after a collector completed a run in the most unexpected way through the generosity of a stranger.

Newest Acquisitions is full of more amazing purchases as Jez walks us through some amazing items, from a Kenner/Palitoy Zuckuss through to a Darth vader Speakerphone. Whilst Jez sells the Tantive XI forum in a passionate manner.

All this plus much more, makes this another show you'd be crazy to miss.

Enjoy the show!!!

raven7dp

Reaction score
Reaction score

Jez

Reaction score
We've had a lot of feedback on Jez's dull tones and Grant certainly is a fountain of knowledge. You can always tell when we're getting closer to meeting up as the guys suddenly get very nice to me. Just wait until Orlando, they'll be laying rose petals at feet! Alas, we stopped doing the ads as we got a lot of feedback saying they weren't everyone's cup of tea - just like Stu I suppose.
Cheers again
Rich
I need to report this post to the moderators!!!
Richard's account has clearly been hacked! That was almost half way funny, and Rich certainly isn't funny, so I smell a rat. And no, when I say smell a rat, I'm not talking about his stinking leg in plaster! Rich doesn't do funny.

Thanks for the kind comment Jonathan, we're glad you approve. We'll ramp the banter up against Rich during the next one. B)

Jez

Reaction score

All episodes available on iTunes (34 will be up asap)

Richard_H

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score

Richard_H

Reaction score

Jez

Reaction score

Jez

Reaction score

johnny6666

Reaction score

Jez

Reaction score
I have to say, The Vintage Rebellion has become my fave Star Wars podcast. The mix of personalities and hilarious ball-breaking among the guys makes for a fun listen, and the vintage content is comprehensive and in-depth. Each host effectively covers a discrete topic in each episode, so there's a great mix of material and differing approaches across the usual 4-5 hour running length. Yes, 4-5 hours!

I'm a big fan of the Chivecast, but occasionally it can feel a little too insular in referencing a specific social group of notable collectors. The Vintage Rebellion casts the net wider, and therefore speaks more broadly to fans, enthusiasts and collectors from a range of different backgrounds as a result.

Big recommendation. :)
Wow thanks very much Johnny. When i pointed out your kind words to the lads they came out with comments like 'That makes it all worth it' and 'That makes me want to get on and record another one tonight!' It's great to read such positivity. Thank you so much.

johnny6666

Reaction score
Wow thanks very much Johnny.
It's thoroughly deserved, good Sir. The podcast is a terrific mix of concerted silliness (the most recent song quiz was so random I couldn't help but laugh in disbelief), serious information (the 'chief' Jawa discussion was most interesting) and great banter. The new 'gimcrack' segment is also great, and a really fun way to look at the bits and bobs that are often overlooked (in favour of the obvious) in vintage commentary.

However, if we have to hear Rich use the term 'repo' for reproduction one more time, there'll be an angry throng wielding pitchforks at his door before he knows it. ;)

But I look forward to many more episodes, and thank you and the guys for committing to such an extensive show month after month. :)

Last edited:

Richard_H

Reaction score
However, if we have to hear Rich use the term 'repo' for reproduction one more time, there'll be an angry throng wielding pitchforks at his door before he knows it. ;)

But I look forward to many more episodes, and thank you and the guys for committing to such an extensive show month after month. :)
Whoah there, I'm guessing Jez has asked you to say that. :grin: Anyway, I do say repro but not re-pro and agree repo is just plain wrong. My accent is like my cohosts, quite thick at times, so I'm always amazed when I talk to people online and they understand me.

cheers for the great feedback, as Jez said it means a lot to us and is what keeps us going. Keep in touch!

Last edited:

Richard_H

Reaction score

On this months show Stuart and Jez chat to Jesse Cedar Soberman about his collecting habits through the years, whilst they take a look at Jesse's obsession with the 3 packs.

Richard presents four stories during Rebel Briefings, looking at updates to current affairs from Grading Toni's to the neverending battles.

In the New Acquisitions section Jez is delighted to announce that The Vintage Rebellion Alliance has recruited another collecting legend; Ron Salvatore. The lads cover a plethora of vintage purchases shown off on the forums and Facebook groups. Items range from some fun vintage stickers to the Diecast Tie Bomber. Collectors returning from the wilderness and others completing their loose run. The section ends with an indepth discussion of the AT-ST Scout Walker. Oh and Jez comes up with a concept for a new Facebook group, cuz we all need another one of those!

Simon and Richard attempt to win a Gimcrack badge in Market this month and beat other submissions from listeners. Previous winners Jez and Stuart are conscious to not rest on their laurels.

This month sees the introduction of The Senate. There's a healthy debate between JohnPaul Ragusa, Ian Cowley, Todd Osborn and Mark Baker about everyones love-to-hate topic, Toy Tonis. Listen in for some well though out arguements enlightened thinking on the subject.

There is also a review of recent events the team have attended, Richard takes us through a look at the Echo Live event including some short chats with other attendees, whilst Stuart, Pete, Jez and Simon review their trip over to Belgium to attend the FACTs event.

All this plus much much more including a usual dose of whining from Jez.

Enjoy the show!!!

eightball

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score

Richard_H

Reaction score

Richard_H

Reaction score

Richard_H

Reaction score

Episode 45 drops whilst the UK is covered in snow, which is fitting as the episode has a very Hoth feel.

Richard has recently been to Finse, Norway for an event based on Hoth and hosted at the filming location, this month instead of a feature interview we hear all about the trip which includes interviews with others who attended the event or presented. Some great stories of the filming era which you may or may not know but definitely worth a listen.

Stuart takes over hosting duties on Newest Acquisitions whilst Jez is at school. The team look at several items which include a Pre-production Diecast TIE-Fighter wing, a mint Return of the Jedi two pack, 12" Luke Skywalker Bespin transparency and a beaten up Luke Skywalker Model Trem. We hear from two collectors as they discuss their recent purchases, Dallas Ewen discusses his Grubee exclusive cups which were only available in food outlets around Winnipeg, Canada and Blake Bundy tells us about picking up his final 12 back to complete the run. Of course NA finishes with a look at one specific item, this month the lads look at the Hoth Ice Planet Adventure Set where the Vintage Alliance come up with more great information.

In a new section, Peter looks at other non action figure related Hoth items that may tickle people's fancy. Along with the top 5, Simon attempts to dazzle us with his Gimcrack but can it beat Richard's controversial entry.

Rich looks at a range of topics during Rebel Briefings, from the current collecting climate including asking whether POTF MOCs were sold in the UK and whether current eBay practices are ethical. This is balanced out with an update to Brian Angel's quest and some more news of great fundraising ventures.

With Peter undergoing a new section, Simon jumps in to reinvent the Market segment, during this element Simon takes a look at the market place from eBay to auction houses, plus takes a look at current AT-AT prices, has this huge piece become the flavour of the month???

The podcast is filled with so much more, from the usual quiz to Richard trying to dig himself out of a Detolf hole, it's all here. Hey, even Jez drops by to give us a Running Stormtrooper update!!!

Enjoy the show!

Richard_H

Reaction score

Last edited:

amanamanman

Reaction score
Reaction score
Cheers Mike appreciate the support!