TROS Value Line

Reaction score
I really like 5 POA, and happily buy them - were these 3 POA like the value figures from previous movies - maybe I'd pick some up if they were 3.75 scale. I'm not interested in pre-posed plastic globs though - these aren't action figures. Disney already has a line of statues, and they look better - these just look cheap, like a happy meal toy. I knew for $3 we shouldn't expect much, but this is another level of sad. I'm cool with pvc creatures (like the Womp Rat) with no articulation, because they're accessories to figures, but the characters themselves need some articulation.

http://www.sgz2008.com/TLCBPLarsHomestead.asp

Reaction score
Hey that Luke is on one of his most memorable poses on Jabba's barge deck! :hmm:
Too bad it's the wrong outfit. If these had been Unleashed style dynamic sculpts or super-iconic poses, they'd have been neat. This is just pointless instead.

Wake me when Hasbro releases figures like Holdo, Dryden Vos, Cliegg Lars and Ackmena in this line-up!

ILoveSlaveLeia

Reaction score
Reaction score
Okay, it feels like they're just trolling now.

boba1138

Reaction score
Reaction score
I miiiiight pick up a Stormie on sale, but these have no use for me. It doesn't even look the the "accessory" is removable.
I don't think so, zoom in on Chewie's picture, the back of the Crossbow looks like is part of his body just painted black.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Reaction score
I dunno about you guys, but even as young kid I always preferred the more realistically sculpted and bettet articulated figures. It's one reason I latched onto GI Joe as a kid and wished my Star Wars figures could be like GI Joe. Kids would like TVC if they were into the characters and stories. IMO making something more cutesy and stylized won't help get kids into Star Wars toys. That has to be accomplished before they even walk into the toy aisle. They need to go to the store already wanting Star Wars toys.

DeckOfficer

Reaction score
I agree, sharky. I wanted my toys to be as real as possible in the 80's. TVC line meets my expectations of what I wanted as a kid. More investment should be made into TVC instead of coming up with dumb plastic trash. I wouldn't subject my kid to this if I had one.

Tyranusspotting

Reaction score

darth_sidious

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
Hasbro also confirmed at NYCC that they are indeed 4 inches, saying they are slightly larger than the 3.75 scale. I wont be buying any for myself, nor to donate - I don't give garbage as gifts, I only buy items that I would own myself.

Deathspawn9000

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how these even remotely resemble what they said in their statement, about this line being highly detailed and articulated figures?
Did I miss something, or confuse what was written.

These are nothing more that Hallmark ornaments w/o the cool sounds. However, for $3 I wasn't expecting much and am not surprised by what they turned out to be.
You are correct. Here is part of the announcement:

"Featuring movie-inspired design and basic articulation, the figures in this series allow fans and collectors alike to imagine the world of STAR WARS in action. Recreate favorite moments of excitement and intrigue from the STAR WARS Galaxy or imagine new stories and missions! Each 4-inch scale STAR WARS figure comes with a fun accessory to add to the excitement of bold space adventures, including DARTH VADER’S and LUKE SKYWALKER’S Lightsabers, CHEWBACCA’S bowcaster, and STORMTROOPER blasters. “

Utinniii

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how these even remotely resemble what they said in their statement, about this line being highly detailed and articulated figures?
Did you not see Chewie's camel toe?

DagMarus

Reaction score

Darth_Herzog

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reaction score

Utinniii

Reaction score
Reaction score
I spotted them at Five Below as well, and they cost 75 cents more than the basic 5 POA figures right next to them, lol! I honestly think they look like Happy Meal toys, I would never buy them, and frankly they shouldn't exist - its wasteful to create a product like this that will gather dust and be thrown away. If consumers want a lower priced alternative to TVC, the various basic lines from the last couple years are available at reasonable prices for a quality figure - these are unreasonable prices for junk.

HolidaySpecial

Reaction score
I'm bummed that they ended the 5POA line. While I prefer the articulation in the Vintage line, it was great having the option to get all of the lesser characters that would show up in 5POA. As it is now, we barely have anything from Rise of Skywalker in the 3.75" scale, and that's a real shame.

indysolo007

Reaction score
When these things won’t even sell at discount stores. Not a single one of these have moved! I think it’s less embarrassing if a few unsold 5poa figures for a line ended up being sold at discount stores a year later rather than straight to discount t and not moving. See you at dollar tree!7AFA0C61-D9F8-498C-B937-7173E97A5B6A.jpeg

darth_sidious

Reaction score
These are just gathering dust for the landfill. Hasbro shouldn't be so irresponsible to create literal garbage. Even for the price conscience consumer, you have to offer articulation - these are an insult to the intelligence to all potential customers. They are marked $4, and right next to them are the 2-packs of basic figures with 5 POA each for $5 - why would anyone pick a cake-topper when you can have two actual action figures for $1 more? Hopefully 2020 is the year they cut all of these junk lines - they cheapen the brand.

Lobotscomb

Reaction score
WORSE YET, You can go to Disney store and get an entire set with many more characters for the same price as all 4 of these... for shame.

Razgriz

Reaction score
Anyone have a picture of the stormtrooper next to the 5POA or TVC versions, kinda tempted as I have some stuff to fill out.

ZX3

Reaction score
Reaction score

ZX3

Reaction score
I don't usually like to describe items I don't collect as junk, but lets be honest - that's what these are, they aren't action figures, they're cake toppers. Likewise, they aren't true 3.75 scale, which will instantly drive away potential collectors. It's true we're desperate for more 3.75 scale figures after the loss of the basic movie line - I loved those, but these weren't worth notice from consumers, nor did this line have anything to do with TROS - another misleading mention during the press release. Had they been true 3.75 scale and at least 3 POA, and covered new TROS characters, we'd have potential for growth in the discount market. If anything, seeing these made me wish 5 POA was back on pegs.

The deluxe figure play sets from Disney are far better for the price, and actually cover TROS characters. They have no articulation as well, but cover several characters that Hasbro should have released during the initial movie premiere.

I've looked at those before but never pulled the trigger on them.
For each movie they've included characters Hasbro avoids for some reason, but the inconsistency in scale has me wary of them. Not only that BB-8 seems to be as tall as R2, but the rest of them seem slightly underscaled compare to the 3.75" line. But I don't actually know. Are they comparable?

darth_sidious

Reaction score
Reaction score
I don't own any myself, but I've seen comparison photos around the forums, and they look pretty decent, the majority seem to be in 3.75 scale. Overall, far superior to Hasbro's "value line", and they actually offer TROS characters, which Hasbro did not...
I've got close to 100 of those Disney figures and very few are in 3.75" scale. They are good for taking parts off of for 3.75" scale customs though.

Masterfett

Reaction score
Reaction score
I've got close to 100 of those Disney figures and very few are in 3.75" scale. They are good for taking parts off of for 3.75" scale customs though.
Do you have any comparison photos alongside your 3.75 Hasbro figures?

HothHan

Reaction score
Do you have any comparison photos alongside your 3.75 Hasbro figures?
The issue is that the Disney figures are rarely in scale with each other. Some of them are too big, too small etc. Is it close enough? In most cases yes.

I can take more photos - just let me know what you want to compare and I'll see what I have.

For a "value line" I suppose these are ok. They aren't cheap though.

Attachments